Thursday, April 15, 2010

THIS JUST IN...

...Stephen Strasburg is going to be really, really good.

Yup, you heard me. And the Psychic has confirmed it.

I was reading one of my many, many baseball magazines last night (yes, I am obsessed) and the Psychic's eye happened to fall on the Prospects page, where The Great Nationals Hope was pictured in his Phoenix Desert Dogs hat (yes, I have one of those, courtesy of now-A's first base coach Todd Steverson -- thanks Todd!). Anyway, she busts out with, "Who's THAT?"

"Stephen Strasburg," I say nonchalantly.

"He's SPECIAL!" she squeals.

I swear, I did NOT tip her off. She just knows this stuff.

"He's probably the best pitching prospect in the last ten years," I say.

"Well, YEAH," she says, doing her best "Clueless"-era Alicia Silverstone eye-roll. Like, DUH.

"You recommend him?" I ask.

"I want to marry him," she says. Unfortunately for her (and for Stephen, since the Psychic is the best wife ever), she's already married to me.

"How bout we just watch him pitch, when he comes up?"

"Okay."

Okay. You heard it here first. Well, not really. But the Psychic has confirmed it:

Stephen Strasburg is going to be really, really good, for a really, really long time.

I wish I could buy low, but in my league, the DirtySouthPlayaz have him rostered. Actually, "rostered" is a nice word for it. The Playaz have Strasburg in a death grip, and I think it would take Chase Utley, Justin Morneau, and Jon Lester to get him away.

But if you can get him on the cheap, now's the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment